My curtains are in! You may recall back in June I posted about picking out fabric for new curtains for the living room and dining room! They were finally installed yesterday afternoon! It is amazing what a difference draperies make compared to blinds. The rooms are so much warmer and inviting. Now I just need some furniture for the front room and it will be complete!
Here is the dining room before, with just the mini blinds.
And after! The picture is a tad dark, sorry. And I still need to change out the chair cushions since they don't match the new curtains. But I am loving the way the drapes look! So much better!

Another view of the dining room. The swinging door on the left leads to the living room and kitchen area. The door on the right leads to the entry way. The formal living room is on the other side of the entry way. The hutch and table we had in the Fullerton apt. The hutch held our TV, but now is being used for the fine China that was my grandma's. It fits perfectly and matches the table. So I didn't have to buy any new furniture for this room.
I don't know if you can really see the curtains up close. They are a sage green paisley pattern.

Here is the large window in the formal living room. The blinds were wooded and so heavy that they didn't even work properly. I kept them half way up the window because Lily would play with them.

And now with the new pretty curtains. Next stop, furniture shopping! :)
.............................
...................
Here is the large window in the formal living room. The blinds were wooded and so heavy that they didn't even work properly. I kept them half way up the window because Lily would play with them.
Chip assessing the best way to get the blinds down.
.............................
In other news my parents arrived last night!! Lily was super excited to see "Ga" and "Pa". No pics yet, since the cute picture I took of Mom and Lily this morning was taken with the understanding (or demand) that it would not end up on this blog since it was before my Mom's hair and make-up was done and she was still in her pj's. I'm sure I'll have tons of pictures tomorrow!
1 comments:
I love the curtains! It really does finish off the dining room! I miss you guys.
Post a Comment